Oreo Cookie Ball Pretzel Turkeys
Let’s face it…cooking up that Thanksgiving meal for family and friends can be stressful! Am I right?
It can be a chaotic time with little kids running around looking for something to do.
They may have even asked that dreaded question a million times….
When are we gonna eat?
So, to keep their minds busy and fingers out of Grandma’s prize winning pumpkin pie…let’s have them make OREO Cookie Ball Pretzel Turkeys!
Yay! Creative. Fun. Simple. Totally Adorbs!
I love to have the kiddos write down their own list for the ingredients on these turkeys. It keeps them busy while shopping for your Thanksgiving meal items and teaches them a bit about recipes, shopping, and money.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my disclosure page.
- Start by placing your Golden OREO’s into the food processor and crush until the OREO’s are like cookie crumbs.
- Mix in your softened cream cheese bar.
- Use a cookie dough scoop or spoon to create 1 inch balls.
- Roll these in your hands to form.
- Place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Place balls in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Following directions on the baking chocolate package, melt and cover your OREO cookie balls.
- Roll the balls in the crushed pretzels to cover completely.
- Gather a few bowls for frosting the pretzel feathers.
- Place cream cheese frosting into each bowl and add your food coloring gel. Mix well.
- Take your pretzel sticks and swirl the tips in the colored frosting.
- Then push the pretzel stick into the crushed pretzel ball body.
- Take a peanut shell and make an indentation on the top of the ball.
- At this point, create your turkey face with black writing gel for the eyes.
- Then, cut small triangles from dried mango pieces for the beak and adhere to the peanut with the melted chocolate. Clean up edges with a toothpick.
- Finally, add melted chocolate to the bottom of peanut and place inside the indentation previously made.
- Once you have the desired amount of turkeys, place your cookie sheet into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
I served my turkeys with dark Belgian chocolate dessert cups on white cupcake pedestals.
Adorable, right? The kids might even eat their green beans now! Ha.
And here is a printable recipe for you too! Just because I want this to be an easy and carefree fun time with the kiddos.
Make those memories and start a new tradition!
Such a fun and creative little snack for the kiddos. Created by: Dandelion Patina
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- MAKE IT!
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative embellishments
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm
- Share and enjoy!
Optional Ingredients include:
Pretzels sticks for turkey feathers. Crushed pretzels for bodies. Shell peanuts for turkey bodies. Dried mangos for turkey beaks. Black writing gel for turkey eyes. Cream cheese frosting and food coloring gel for tail feathers.
How do you bring creativity and imagination into your holidays?