Hey friends! Today I am sharing our recipe for fresh peach berry cobbler.
Our family made this and the cobbler was gone in an hour. It. Was. That. Good.
I was so delighted that this recipe went over like hot cakes with the family. I really don’t even think my husband got to have his own dish because the girls went crazy for it. And, yes…I do feed them on a regular basis.
The recipe is pretty simple to make which is what I am all about when it comes to baking and cooking. Simple and easy.
This cobbler is full of fresh peaches and blueberries. The blueberries were frozen from when we went blueberry picking. That was a fun family event.
We have had amazing luck this season with our peach selection. They have been so sweet and juicy.
I always add some lemon juice over the top of my sliced peaches to keep them from browning.
If you were wondering what kitchen gadgets I used to make this cobbler, let me give you the list. Because I just can’t go without these items in the kitchen.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See full disclosure policy.
Source list of kitchen essentials for my peach berry cobbler:
- Pyrex glass measuring cups
- Sauce pan
- Pyrex glass bakeware
- Cutting board
- Oven mitts
- Individual pie bowls
recipe for this melt in your mouth peach berry cobbler:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- dash of vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted to sprinkle over batter
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a sauce pan, combine sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat
- Add the lemon juice, peach slices and blueberries along with a dash of vanilla.
- Turn the peach mixture into a greased 2 quart glass baking dish.
- Mix sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat in milk and butter until smooth.
- Spoon the topping over fruit mixture. This will rise and spread as it bakes.
- Mix sugar and nutmeg
- Sprinkle over entire cobbler.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve in small dishes with a scoop of ice cream.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
This peach berry cobbler recipe is the perfect weekend dish for those cooler mornings. The house smelled heavenly. Plus, the kids can easily participate in the prep and baking process.
Doesn’t it look delicious? All that crispy sugar coating on the outside with the warm sweetness of the berries on the inside. Then, top off your bowl with vanilla ice cream and you have a winning dessert for the entire family!
Other recipes you may want to try that I love: