I will be sharing a simple & crafty farmhouse style inspired party favor today. A farmhouse nest basket.
I love creating special mementos for baby showers when I get the chance. It is a special occasion to get that creative energy flowing. This little baby shower party favor screams cuteness with a farmhouse style flair. They also would be perfect sitting at each guests table setting as well. You could personalize these in unique ways with a simple gift tag as well. The possibilities are endless.
Supplies you will need for these farmhouse nest basket:
- Jiffy peat pots
- Wooden letter beads
- Nesting material-a mix of Spanish moss, reindeer moss, paper shavings
- Newspaper or decoupage tissue
- Decorative lace trim
- Decoupage glue and Elmer’s glue
Instructions for creating farmhouse nest basket:
- Cut pieces of newspaper or decoupage tissue & glue on.
- Once your nesting material is selected and placed you will need to embellish your pot.
- Grab your walnuts and make your eggs with chalk paint. (Tutorial for eggs)
- Add your special touches such as bead letters to create ‘nest’ or a simple tag.
It is that simple.
I really like the vintage feel of the typography paper. You could even get a copy of previous newspaper birth announcements from the family and use those as your decoupage paper.
These are super sweet and fairly inexpensive to create.
They also work well for decorating in the spring time.
Place on a cute little shelf in the home or use in a centerpiece on the table. They would be sweet in a nursery as well.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I hope you use this farmhouse nest basket idea for your next baby shower party favor. What did you think of the walnut eggs? I thought they were a unique spin and something totally unexpected!
Another crafty project you may enjoy:
Enjoy your day,